

San Juan Group Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Date: 01.26.25

Start of meeting: 9:10

People present at meeting: Steve G., Bill G., Barbara P., Billye W., Bill T., Bill W., Leslie; P., Rich L., Tracie L., DeeDee P., Jeanette W., Michael M., Nikki L., JD, and Cynthia L.

On zoom: Heather, Loriann, Dhyana, Jane, Jim S., Jessica F., Betty, Jason, Lenore, Sandy Banks, Daleen, and Charles

Chair: (Shana)

Absent, illness.

Co-Chair: (Steve G.)

Steve led the meeting. No report.

Treasurers Report: (Nikki)

Nikki: No report.

Co-Treasurer: (Heather)

Heather: **December Financial Report** - Income \$5,841. Expenses: \$3,619.00
Contributions to various offices: \$2,222. Several envelopes are missing – two from Tuesday 7pm, and one from Wednesday 7:30pm. I will make the contributions to the various offices once I'm approved as treasurer. I have some thoughts about making some minor changes to the report also, to make it clearer. Charles: Since we are losing envelopes – maybe we should explore other methods? Leslie: Usually, the person that has the idea, they could create a committee and come up with new ideas and present them to the group. Sandy: When you are voted in as co-treasurer, you automatically become treasurer at the start of the new year. Heather: ok!

Website: (Jane H.) IT Support: (Jason)

Jane: Meeting list is updated. Let me know if you have any questions. Barbara: Is the Sunday 6:30am changed to hybrid? Jane: Yes.

GSR: (Jessica F.)

Jessica: District 12, area 9 meeting was held Jan 2, Laguna Niguel. We studied Tradition 1 and Concept 1. Highlights: Literature committee made a motion to increase the budget to purchase additional literature, displays from GSO, as well as service manuals and books. GSR suggests we download the AA meeting app which includes meeting directory, AA news and Daily Reflections. PRAASA is coming Mary 7 – 9, 2025, in Anchorage Alaska. See PRAASA.org to find more information. International convention is coming up July 3 – 6, 2025. Make your reservations now. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. Thank you.

Facilities: (Randy)

Randy: absent. No questions.

Intergroup: (Jeanette)

Jeanette: Pamphlet of the month is 'CoFounders of AA' and 'Many Paths to Spirituality'. Prudent reserve is down 70%. Please donate! Volleyball tournament in Fountain Valley is in the planning. Intergroup needs volunteers for all committees and H&I liaison.

Grapevine Rep. (Daleen)

Daleen: No updates.

Supplies: (Nick)

Nick absent. Steve: Total supplies purchased for January 699.87. We are fully stocked. Folgers is cheaper than the Kirkland coffee and popular, so we are staying with that for now.

Literature: (Mike M.)

Mike: Everything is good. Lenore: Any progress on the plain language big book? Mike: I was able to 5; and will get more soon. Barbara: Central office and satellite office do have them back in stock. Jeanette: Can you get the pick of the month pamphlet? Mike: I will try.

H&I: (Lenore)

Lenore: There were 4 new panels, and we had elections. Romy is now the new Orientation chair. Jeannie is the new chair. Billy will remain as treasurer. Lenore is now the secretary.

CCC: (Barbara/Sandy):

Barbara: We put solar lights out by the dumpster, approved by the church. Adee & Shana took care of it. The reflective tape is already coming up. They will look at maybe painting the area instead.

Secretary (Cynthia):

Cynthia: November minutes have been sent out and will be posted in a couple days once any corrections are received. Thank you.

Old Business:

Nikki: We talked about creating a subcommittee to discuss contributions after elections.

New Business:

Jeanette: There have been people hanging out in the meeting room when there aren't meetings scheduled. One of the times was noon ish on a Sat and Friday evening. Nikki: I've sent you the names of those people who are breaking these rules. Steve: Can we change the code? Barbara: The new code will spread too quickly. Jeanette: Is anyone looking at the attendance listed on the envelope? There is a sign on the wall that says only 49 in attendance. Barbara: No one is looking at those numbers except to estimate general attendance numbers.

Nikki: I highly recommend that we vote on the contribution percentages today, as we are holding the contributions until we vote on this. Jane: OC AA recommends 50% OC Central office, 30% General Service Office NY, 10% Mid-Southern CA area and 10% local District. Nikki also recommends this. This was voted on and passed.

Dyana: Women's meeting has added a 'Womens Big Book Experience' zoom meeting Friday 10-11. Jason: You can add the new meeting with the same zoom code as the others. Cynthia: I will report the new meeting to OC Central office. Jane: I'll update the meeting list.

Elections were held and the following people elected (or continued on depending on position:

Chair: Steve

Co-Chair: Bill G.

Treasurer: Heather

Co-Treasurer: Lenore

Website: Jane can continue if Jason will be able to back me up when I travel.

IT Support: Jason

GSR: Jessica – GSR is a 2 year commitment

Facilities: _vacant so far _____

Intergroup: Jeanette

Grapevine: Daleen will continue until we find a replacement

Supplies: Nick

H&I: _vacant so far_____

Secretary: DeeDee P.

Cynthia: Person on text messages requested the Steering Committee meet on a different day/time. No one in favor of a change.

Close out of the meeting with the serenity prayer. End of meeting: 10:14